See my previous blog article on How To Install iOS 7 Developer Preview and use the same steps up to 5. Install iOS onto your development device using Xcode 4.6.3, and instead follow these steps below.
5. Install iOS onto your development device using Xcode 5.x
I ran through these steps using:
- Xcode 5 GM (Gold Master) Seed Build: 5A1412, Posted: September 10, 2013
- iTunes 11.1 beta 2, Posted: August 16, 2013
- iOS 7 GM seed Build: 11A465, Posted: September 10, 2013
Following these steps worked properly for installing a beta version of iOS 7:
- Connect the iOS device via USB and open iTunes 11.1.
- Select the iOS device in iTunes.
- From the Summary pane, backup your iOS device in iTunes by clicking the Back Up Now button under the Backups > Manually Backup and Restore section.
- Option-click the Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod button in the Summary pane in iTunes.
- Select the iOS beta software restore image that you downloaded from the Apple iOS Dev Center and click Open to begin installation.
- After you install iOS, your device reboots and requires a network connection to complete activation.
- Restore your iOS device in iTunes to restore your settings.
- Sync your iOS device with iTunes to restore all your apps and data.